ORDERING YOUR SSX
HOW TO ORDER: Required Deposits and Timeline.
The payment sequence and timeline for a custom built SSX is:
DEPOSITS: The minimum deposit required to begin actual production of your car is $50,000.
- For deposits at any location or car show event which is not at the factory itself the company will accept initial deposits of $5,000 or more to secure your spot in the SSX production line. Please note that $2,500 of this initial deposit is non-refundable after 15 days. We do prefer that impulse buyers take time to consider this significant purchase commitment.
- After the initial 15 day period Exotic Vettes will consider the purchase agreement in full effect and will move forward with the buyer according to the agreement guidelines. At this point, any and all installments will be considered non-refundable as purchases of numerous high cost components have been initiated.
- When initial deposits are being paid at the factory, the buyer will fill out and sign the Exotic Vettes Production Order Form. Once the initial deposit of $50,000 has been received and a production date is set, Exotic Vettes will then move forward as per the stated purchase agreement.
- Any and all payments must be in the form of one of the following
- A Personal Check
- Cashiers Check
- Cash, but only with ‘proof of source’ of such cash. This will involve providing a copy of the buyer’s driver’s license, proof of residence in the U.S. or other identification. Exotic may require other forms of ‘proof of cash source’ which is acceptable to the bank for anyone including all non-U.S. citizens, at its discretion. If Buyer is not able to provide sufficient ‘proof of source’, the cash deposit will not be acceptable, and the buyer will have to convert such cash to a Cashiers Check.
- Wired funds will be accepted if received in the bank account for Exotic Vettes Concepts, Inc. with instructions provided to the Buyer. Production line positioning will depend on the date such wired funds clear the Seller’s bank account.
2nd. PRODUCTION PHASE: The initial $50,000 deposit must have cleared Exotic Vettes bank account.
At the beginning of the production phase, the body will be extracted from the mold as we begin the fit and preparation stage while the frame is being readied to be shipped from the manufacturer. Many component parts will also be ordered. Some parts take several weeks to be manufactured and delivered to our factory for assembly. As a result, your initial deposit has been set aside to pay for non-refundable parts and materials by Exotic Vette Concepts that cannot be used on other custom SSX orders.
When your SS-X enters the production line the completed Production Order Form (PO FORM) which each Buyer has signed designating their choices for engine options and colors for the body & interior must be submitted. This PO FORM will become the controlling document from which the factory will work to create the ordered vehicle. (NOTE: The buyer may change paint color choices or interior selections for a period of 60 days).
IMPORTANT: From this point the “Remaining Balance” due after the initial deposit is made will be calculated and divided into 4 equal (25% each) payments which will be due at the designated intervals as described below & outlined in the purchase agreement.
During the production phase, the body will be extracted from the mold and the frame is being readied to be shipped from manufacturer. Many component parts will also be ordered. Some parts take several weeks to be manufactured and delivered to our factory for assembly. As a result, your initial deposit has been set aside to pay for non-refundable parts and materials by Exotic Vette Concepts, LLC that cannot be used on other custom SSX orders.
3rd. CHASSIS COMPLETION PHASE: The chassis, suspension parts and brake systems represent a major expense and significant part of the custom build. Upon receiving the chassis completion notice, you will need to forward 25% of the original “remaining balance” due.
During the building of any Exotic Vette SSX, one of the most expensive parts and related assemblies is the Art Morrison customized Corvette® chassis, and the brake and suspension components. Upon delivery of the basic frame to the Exotic Vette factory, it is quality-control checked & readied for powder-coating. Then the suspension and frame is fully assembled.
At this stage Exotic Vettes will provide each Buyer current status photos of the frame which will be at, or near the final chassis assembly completion point. The amount payable will depend on the estimated balance due using the estimated completed SSX price from the “P O FORM” in affect at this time for a vehicle. The required payment will equal 25% of the previous calculated “remaining balance” due (before sales taxes). IMPORTANT’.. as of the time of this invoice NO FURTHER BUILD CHANGES can be made.
4th. Painted BODY-ON PHASE: This is when things really begin look good. The interim payment due will equal an additional 25% of the original remaining balance.
After the body is painted it is re-assembled on the completed frame. this phase is where all final connections are made, exhaust systems are installed and the doors, and other components are fitted properly.
The last major phase is the interior installation, including all electronics, such as gauges, entertainment systems, etc. are tested.
After completion of final assembly the vehicle will be test driven to insure that all components are in proper working order and all systems are calibrated to their factory recommended parameters.
Exotic Vettes will contact the Buyer when the vehicle is being prepared for final inspection so that it can become ‘Ready for Delivery’. It is expected that almost all Buyer’s will prefer to take delivery at the factory location. Once Buyer approves the delivery, payment must be pre-made and cleared by Seller’s bank account or made by a CASHIER’S CHECK, otherwise the Seller will not complete the delivery to the Buyer of any vehicle.
5th. FINAL PAYMENT DELIVERY: Final payment of all amounts due will include the final 25% of the original agreed balance and the 6.5% Florida Sales Tax required on all retail product sales.
Other costs for CUSTOMER REQUESTED optional features added during the build-phase, or any expected delivery costs might be added to the final balance due at time of delivery.
Test Drive Rules: If any Buyer, guest, or interested Buyer desires to test drive a vehicle they must first sign a WAIVER OF LIABILITY form, provide a copy of a valid U.S. driver’s license, and proof of insurance to the satisfaction of Exotic Vette officers or staff BEFORE any test drive is allowed.
ESTIMATED TIME INVOLVED
From the time the initial deposit is received an approximate “build time” of six (6) months will be expected to complete the build of an Exotic SSX vehicle. Times may be shorter or possibly longer due to parts availability from the various manufacturers who supply the necessary components to complete a car.
The Exotic Vette team is committed to building each and every SSX with the very best quality possible with a focus on perfection in appearance and performance.
The SSX is a very beautiful and uniquely designed automobile, with built-in creature comforts and modern performance characteristics any car lover will enjoy.